Official representatives and experts holding a Diplomatic passport, Service Passport or Laissez-passer of the AU or UN traveling to Rwanda to attend the summit will be issued a free visa upon arrival.
Delegates from African member States can be issued a visa upon arrival at the cost of 30 US Dollars. Alternatively, delegates may obtain visas ahead of travel, by applying online: https://irembo.gov.rw/rolportal/en/web/dgie/newhome; or in person at Rwandan Diplomatic Missions (except the UN Mission in New York).
Delegates holding passports from countries not eligible for visa upon arrival must apply through the above mentioned channels prior to travel dates.
Directorate-General of Immigration and Emigration Visa Granting Policy
- East African Community Partner States citizens are eligible for a renewable 6 month visitors pass at entry points with no fee.
- In accordance with the CEPGL agreement, Democratic Republic of the Congo nationals will be granted a visitor’s visa for a stay not exceeding 90 days with no fee.
- Nationals of all other African countries traveling to or transiting through Rwanda can obtain an entry visa upon arrival for the fee of 30 US Dollars.
- Nationals of Singapore, Hong Kong, Mauritius and Philippines are exempted from entry visas for a stay of up to 90 days.
- Nationals of Australia, Germany, Israel, New Zealand, Republic of South Africa, Sweden, United Kingdom, and the United States of America, are eligible for visas upon arrival without prior application, for the standard fee of 30 US Dollars for a period of up to 30 days.
- Nationals of countries not mentioned above must submit a visa application before traveling at Rwandan Diplomatic Missions (except the UN Mission in New York) or online: https://irembo.gov.rw/rolportal/en/web/dgie/newhome